Welcome to Nepali Heritage Charity Foundation (NHCF). We are the charity based in Lower Mainland of British Columbia, Canada. The Foundation was registered under charity act with CRA on November 25, 2009 and has achieved tax-exempt status as a registered charity under Canadian Income Tax Act.
NHCF has been established to put into action the desire of the people residing in Canada in giving back to the community they live in as well as to engage in charitable acts of assisting less fortunate and needy in Canada, Nepal and around the World.
Our Foundation’s main objectives are:
- To enhance the quality of life in impoverished areas by providing humanitarian assistance through basic amenities including food, clothing and household items.
- To build infrastructure that improve access to education, temporary shelter, gainful employment and basic health care.
- To provide settlement services and job search assistance to immigrants and refugees in need.
- To advance education by providing publicly available bursaries, workshops, classes and tutoring on the subjects of the English and Nepali language, mathematics and science to general public.
- To provide scholarships to children from Nepali immigrant families.
- To provide scholarships to low income students in Nepal to be used for elementary, secondary and post-secondary education, tuition, and supplies.
- To gift funds to qualified donees as defined in Subsection 149.1(1) of the Income Tax Act
We look forward to your generous support. You can make one time donation or a monthly donation. We also welcome your suggestions for creative fundraising ideas and in making the Foundation successful in achieving its goals. Please consider becoming an active member if you would like to work closely with us in our regular activities. We hope you will make NHCF a charity of your choice. Please visit this website regularly to get updated on upcoming fundraising events and charitable activities.