In order to maximize the number of beneficiaries in the earthquake affected areas, NHCF BOD has decided to help support for the reconstruction of the earthquake damaged public schools in Nepal.
1. Nepal Earthquake – Ongoing Rebuilding School Projects
- Mahendralila Higher Secondary School, Harmi, Gorkha – under joint consortium of NHCF, NRN Canada, CCLC London, Ontaria, CNCA Calgary, Alberta and New Guthi, ON. NHCF contributed $16,500 to the consortium – Building has been completed in March 2017.
- Shree Basukee Lower Secondary School at Aaruarwang, Gorkha – under joint partnership with UBCO – $30K committed. 60% Constructions has been completed.
- Shree Madanedanda Secondary School at Dhuwankot, Gorkha – to re-establish computer lab and library – $9K committed and paid. Project has been completed in July 2017.
- Vidhyamandir Higher Secondary School at Baglung – $35K committed. First 20% funding commitment has been paid and the construction of the building on going.
Nepali Heritage Charity Foundation of BC (NHCF) has also been hosting the free evening meals at Whally neighbourhood, Surrey on each last Saturday of the month. Food preparation will start at 4PM and meal serve at 7PM. We invite you to join us volunteer. Please contact any of the executive members if you wish to do so. Please let us know if you wish to sponsor forthcoming meals hosted by NHCF.
Night Shift Ministries
106 Avenue and King George Blvd
Other community supports and event participations;